The Word Loft
The Word Loft needed a complex, multi-dimensional website to launch their new educational business, illustrating and explaining the caring environment and varied facets of their class offerings.
In order to design a site which would guide the user through the range of The Word Loft's classes and visually demonstrate the creative, informal atmosphere of the program. I used various approaches:
- Logo creation, typography and branding - connecting on the emotional level
- The logo of an teen boy, elementary/middle school girl and a baby visually conveys the age range The Word Loft's programs encompass. Carefully chosen photographs expand the information given in the logo and text, and shows the warmth of the environment
- Intuitive navigation clearly guiding the user through complex information, reaching any point on the site in two clicks or less
- A typewriter font on notebook paperÓ background reinforces the low-techÓ, personal and individualized quality of all the classes, and the emphasis on children's writing
- Dynamic copywriting, engaging and educating the reader while establishing trust and confidence in the educational expertise of the company
The website created huge buzz within it's target community of downtown New York families. Within the year website traffic was converting to applications to its classes and inquiries about bringing The Word Loft's programs to established schools.